With our extensive knowledge of the aviation and aerospace sectors, AG and Miller has the experience, expertise, and networks to place all forms of quota-share and non-proportional reinsurance for aerospace clients.
With our extensive knowledge of the aviation and aerospace sectors, Miller has the experience, expertise, and networks to place all forms of quota-share and non-proportional reinsurance for aerospace clients.
Our programmes are constructed to be seamless, covering all aspects of aviation risk, including airlines, products and general aviation. Solutions may incorporate conventional excess of loss, quota share and surplus treaties, as well as Industry Loss Warranties, facultative covers and aggregate XL stop loss.
We provides lifetime coverage for satellites, from the moment they leave the manufacturer’s gate until they finish life in orbit. We tailor specialist covers such as launch vehicle flight only and facultative reinsurance for peak values, and cover for accumulation issues specifically for the satellite account or for Lloyd’s Realistic Disaster Scenarios, including ‘Space Storm’, ‘Generic Defect’, and ‘Aviation Collision’.
Specialist space insurance
We arrange market-leading space insurance products based on the specific needs of our clients. The experience of our team ensures all risk are considered.
Coverage we place includes:
- Satellite Launch and In-Orbit Insurance – this covers the loss, damage, or failure of satellites during launch, in-orbit testing and in-orbit operation. Specific policies can be arranged to cover different stages of the operation for different interested parties.
- Launch-risk Guarantee Packages – designed for launch vehicle service providers, these cover underperformance of launch vehicles.
- Satellite Launch Vehicle Flight Only Insurance – covers the title-holder of the satellite during the launch phase against the underperformance of the launch vehicle up until separation of the satellite.
- In-Orbit Insurance – covers loss, damage, or failure of the satellite after it has obtained orbit.
- Satellite Post-Separation Insurance – covers loss, damage, or failure of the satellite after it has separated from the launch vehicle. This product is designed to eliminate any gap in coverage, in conjunction with policies that cover the launch phase.
- Satellite Third Party Liability Insurance – covers bodily injury and property damage to third parties as a result of launches and in-orbit activities.
- Satellite Transit and Pre-Launch Insurance – covers physical loss or damage to satellites during transportation from the manufacturer’s facilities to the launch site, and the integration of the satellite with the launch vehicle. Coverage typically terminates at ‘lift off’ or ‘intentional ignition’. Satellite assembly, integration and testing may be included in the policy.
- Facultative Space Reinsurance – offered to underwriters of all types of individual space risks.
We advise on all forms of aviation risk, providing cover to all types of clients in the sector, including:
- Commercial Aviation Hull All Risks – protects the operator against the risk of physical loss or damage to their aircraft, both on the ground and while in flight.
- Aircraft Liability – covers bodily injury or property damage caused by an occurrence which arises out of the operation or use of the insured’s aircraft.
- Aviation Hull War Risks – covers acts of war and malicious damage that are typically excluded from ‘all-risks’ insurance programmes.
- Premises, Products, and Hangar Keepers’ Liability – provides broad third-party protection for suppliers of facilities and components to the aviation industry.
CONTACT OUR SPECIALISTS
We’re here to help
Our highly experienced team is able to leverage long-standing market relationships to obtain flexible cover on favourable terms.